If your newly diagnosed HIV positive there are a lot of good services available online and offline for you to access.
The good news is that with the advances in medical treatments, people with HIV can live long and healthy lives if you look after yourself. With good information and support, you can live well, have sex, have a career and have children.
Support for Straight People
- For more information and contacts for heterosexual people with HIV, their partners and family in New South Wales you might like to visit Pozhet.
- For people living in Victoria you might like to visit Straight arrows.
Support for LGBT People
- For more information and contacts for LGBT people with HIV, their partners and family ACON runs newly diagnosed workshops and each state has its own support service.
- The peak body in Australia is the Australian Federation of AIDS Organisations
Support for everyone
From talking with our clients the common themes to getting back on track we've found are
- Connect with a good doctor
- Get up-to-date information
- Find services that can speak your language
- Access social workers or counsellors from the health clinics
- Get organised and get your life insurance in place and get on living
So where do we at unUsualrisks.com.au fit in?
We help people with well-managed HIV or diabetes get their life insurance sorted in a discrete and confidential way. (We also help medical professionals and emergency workers who are at risk of sharps injuries and NSI's too so we know our stuff).
All our clients are living interesting and vibrant lives and life insurance is just a normal part of living a bigger life. When you've started treatments and your viral load is heading towards undetectable, we're here to help you get your life insurance organised if that's something you want in your life.
For us, it's about helping people return to normal and get on with living by protecting you and your future financially.
If you run a business, have a family (or maybe you're about to start one) or perhaps you have someone significant by your side, we're here to help with conversations about what's possible and to walk you through that next financial step.
Get in touch for a confidential chat, send us an email or take one of our online anonymous pre-assessments to find out what's possible for you.